Natural Childbirth Education
Learn about what to expect in labor, how to navigate the emotional and physical challenges of birth as a couple, and decision-making information about common interventions. Evidence-based classes to help you feel thoroughly prepared for your baby's birth!
We schedule classes in your home, to fit your schedule. Usually taught in three sessions.
- Prenatal wellness and exercises to help get your body ready and baby positioned for labo.
- The nitty-gritty of the labor process.
- Comfort measure options and coaching tips to help you avoid medication or delay its use if desired.
- Labor support training for your partner or loved one, practicing comfort techniques.
- Help writing your birth plan.
- Packing for the hospital.
- Benefits and risks/considerations of common interventions, including IV antibiotics, epidural, induction methods, and cesarean birth.
- Communication tools to help you dialogue with your provider and make informed birth choices.
- Postpartum care for your newborn, your recovery process.
- Breastfeeding basics.
Group classes with Elizabeth are also available through Midwives of New Jersey, Hackettstown Office, for $250. (Monday evenings at 7pm, five-class series starting about every two months). Fee includes five birth classes plus a breastfeeding class and a baby care class on subsequent Mondays. To register, contact Elizabeth or call/email Midwives of New Jersey directly. I'd love to see you there!
Refresher class covers topics of your choice, most often comfort measures, stages of labor plus others specific to your needs. Ideal for couples who are having a second (or more) baby and wish to be refreshed on labor and coping basics. Scheduled in your home, usually one session.